2013 was a big year for me (and the website). I felt really productive this year, and I actually managed to release a bunch of things. Hopefully I can take that momentum with me into next year!
What I Made
- completely redesigned and rewrote the website, now powered by Kirby
- completely rewrote Separation Anxiety, now using FlashPunk
- released Wavr
- github’d my modular css framework, inline.css
- released Chartridge, an open-source, tiny game analytics framework
- designed and started using pocketlevel, a flat-file, human-readable level design format. No more dual-booting for Ogmo Editor!
- released ittywiki, a simple, flat-file Markdown wiki
- github’d a beta build of LiveVars, an implementation of Unity-like live variable editing in FlashPunk
- tweaked Shaun Inman’s Unplayed, making my own version with different features
I’m really happy with everything I got done this year. I feel like this year was the first time I actually finished and released projects rather than starting new ones prematurely.
Goals for 2014
- write my own game engine (already working on it!)
- finish and release games using said engine
- get better at drawing, both on paper and digitally
- read more books!
- participate in at least one game jam
- update this blog more often
Next year, I’ll look back and see how much of these goals I actually live up to. :)